Photo credit: Christian Bendek
I recently visited Aruba for the first time ever (not my last, I can assure you that.) I called The Ritz-Carlton home for the weekend, made a few new pink friends and made the most epic memories one can ask for. Overall the resort is pretty casual, so no need for any blazers or dress shirts, you’re on vacation after all. If you’re looking for a luxury hotel with exceptional service, I mean the entire staff at the resort is super friendly, great bites and all the amenities one needs during their break, the Ritz-Carlton is the place to be!
9 Things to do While you’re In Aruba
- Get a Massage at the Ritz-Carlton. If you want a luxury spa experience, an opportunity to decompress and relax. Click here
- Dinner on The Beach. If ever dreamed about having dinner on the beach, like one of those picture-perfect scenes straight from any of those movies, you can do so at The Ritz-Carlton. Wine & dine with Solanio while enjoying each other’s company as the one of the most breathe-taking sunsets takes place. (View more here)
- Rent a beach or pool Cabana. During the day you have the option of renting a beach or pool cabana. I would suggest doing each once while you’re there so you can get the full experience. Both are pretty great, however if you want something more personal and private, I would suggest going with the beach cabanas.
- Make friends with the Flamingos. Sadly, they’re not on linkedin, but you’ll have to venture out to Renaissance Island to meet the 6 pink flamingos that live in Aruba. Many of my friends thought I was really good with photoshop after posting one of those photos with the flamingos, but I can assure they are 100% real.
- Paddle Boarding. The Ritz-Carlton offers a few water sports activities including Paddle Boarding. The water is pretty shallow so it makes it a little easier to climb on top of the board, but don’t be fooled, it is a bit harder than it looks.
- Eat/Drink at the Club Lounge. If you have access to this club, USE IT. The breakfast is better than the view, and the view is quite exceptional. If you’re ever looking for a quick bite or want a glass of something The Club Lounge at The RC is the place.
- Beach Please. Some of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever seen in my life–and the water? Crystal clear and more blue than the sky. If you’re looking to venture out of the hotel, try Eagle Beach (see above for a photo with a puppy photobombing my instagram.)
- Sunset Cruise. with De Palm Tours. Cruise the sea and watch the sun set while sipping on rose or your favorite cocktail.
- Go big or Go Home- Play at the Casino (with the hopes of winning big). Now, I don’t endorse being a gambler, but play smart. The Ritz-Carlton casino has an assortment of casino games ranging from traditional table favorites to a wide variety of slot machines.